Thursday, April 9, 2015

beauty

Xue Huiyun
Dr. Marquardt
Eng1300 w10
April 9, 15
#206

Beauty

     People always have a traditional image of beauty. Most of people think beauty of man is strong and muscly. But drag queens break up our traditional thoughts.
     When I see drag queens, I ignore their gender and pay attention to amazing beauty. They are man. But when they perform beauty of women, maybe they are more sexy and beautiful than women. The real beauty is unrelated to gender. But most of people put themselves imprisoned in a small world. They have no courage to admit they are different. For an instance, when a man recognizes he like dressing in skirt, he will think he is abnormal. We always pay attention to the shape which society imposed on us. Then we will oppress our nature, which we are not happy. I think people can ignore some voice. It’s your freedom what kind of life you want to own.
      The popularity of drag race also show the society is more and more comprehensive in America. I think it is a good phenomenon. Our society can accept diverse and we should celebrate diverse. On the other side, it explains that our world is more exoteric and more democratic.


No comments:

Post a Comment