Xue Huiyun
Dr. Marquardt
Eng1300 w10
April 12, 15
#394
Happy
Ending
I found a phenomenon that most novels’
happy ending is heroine got happy marriage before I read the article. They like
to get married in the future there will no quarrel and betrayal.
On the other hand, it is a dreamy
situation. People also like to read perfect story such as true love and great
affection. Maybe it is rarely happen in real life so people put their hope in a
false world, which can be novels, movies and stories. Maybe it can give people
some comfort. On the other hand, I think it has a very bad influence to people
especially to females. There are some traditional thoughts in some old novels.
For an instance, the main heroine threw herself under a train because she left
her husband and ruined her life in “Anna Karenina”. And females should obey the
rules of society, which she can’t file for divorce even if she has no passion
and feeling to keep her marriage. The kind of thoughts will hinder the free
development of woman and it gave woman a standard thought, which the happiness
of females is to get man’s love. I think it is personal choice. Marriage and
happy ever after is a good life, and free and easy is also a good life. But
many novelists ignore the reality. They refuse to think of reality.
In fact, I think writhing is a painful
thing. Writing is to build a world and then to destroy it. I think a good
novelist is to analysis himself and to castigate and expose society rather than
building a perfect dream. I can’t deny power of love such as famous poet
browning. Maybe all beginning of love can use the poesy “A shadow across me.
Straightway I was ware, so weeping, how a mystic shape did move, behind me, and
drew me backward by the hair, and a voice said in mastery, while I strove,
Guess now who holds thee? – Death, I said, there, the sliver answer rang, ----
not death, but love.” There are also some misunderstandings happen in marriage.
Maybe you lose your interest to your husband and feel bored to the bald life.
It is reality rather than betraying love.
There are many kinds of happy ending in
life. Marriage, freedom and equality.
No comments:
Post a Comment